BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Kids shows that make me crazy!

I always said my kids would not be allowed to watch very much television, but somewhere along the way, both of them have become quite the little couch potatoes. I try to limit their watching to educational (mostly Noggin or PBS sprout), but even these “educational” shows can be less than desirable for the mom who has to listen to them on a regular basis. Here are my least favorite shows that my kids seem to adore!

1) Max & Ruby – I have now renamed this cartoon Justin & Alexis because Ruby is often a very mean big sister! I mean seriously. I watched an episode yesterday in which Ruby and her friend were having a sleepover and kept asking max for his sleeping bag and other items, yet when it came time to go inside the tent, they basically told him to go away. I have just a few questions about this show: “Where the heck are the parents?” Why is a 7 year old girl taking care of her brother anyway? What on earth are my children learning from this show? What I think is that Alexis is learning to be a nag and Justin is being prepared for a lifetime of being nagged, tortured, and bitched at by his future wife. :)

2) The Wonder Pets – This show is just creepy. The life like little animals actually scare me somewhat and I can’t stand most of the songs. Unlike other shows that are full of music, the songs aren’t very catchy, just more like sing-song speaking. Additionally, the duckling’s speech impediment bothers me. Especially when Alexis tries to copy it and says, “this is sewious”.

3) Peppa Pig – This is one of those little shows in between shows, but still annoying. These creations do NOT look like pigs. Their heads are shaped like…well…use your imagination. They hairy faced dad is the worst. You know that somewhere there is an illustrator laughing his ass off about the phallic headed pigs he put in a kids show.

4) Zooboomafoo – Okay, I know that this show has lots of educational value. My kids love animals and I should be happy that she watches this, but I can’t stand the Kratt’s brothers. I will seriously change the channel if I can get to the remote before Alexis see it simply because they annoy me so much. I do however love Zaboo the lemur. He’s cute and entertaining. Maybe they can just get rid of the brothers and let him do all of the teaching.

5) Caillou – Lots of good life lessons, but one whiney little boy. I’d smack my kid if she acted like that. Okay, I wouldn’t really, but I sure would want to. He’s horrible. At least I can tell Alexis that she shouldn’t act like him.

3 comments:

msb said...

Oh that Caillou gets under my skin too, although I am starting to forgive him since Aedan loves him so much. I also despise the "potty dance" commercial on Sprout. Aedan doesn't do the potty dance, and I am hoping he doesn't. Why would I want a commercial to teach him that? I think anyone who says "my child doesn't watch tv either isn't home with them all day, or doesn't have a tv!!

Angela said...

I hate Caillou!! We stick to Sesame Street, Clifford, or Leap Frog DVDs here. :)

Emily (Katelyn&Savannah'sMommy) said...

Oh Ruby drives me wacko. I also wonder where those bunnies' parents are? I've only seen one episode (and I think we've seen them all, lol) that Max is the annoying one...

We love the Wonder Pets though. Every time the phone rings we all (well, all of us that can talk anyway) start singing "The Phone, the phone is RIIIIIIINGGGGGIIIINNNGGGG". LOL...