BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Colds, Children, and Crazies.

Colds & Children
Has anyone missed me? If you have, it's because the kids and I all came down with our first cold of the season and it has been miserable. God bless my babies though. They are always such little troopers, even when they are sick. They may be a little more whiny and may sleep a little more, but overall they have been really good through the endless sneezing and coughing and snotting and nose wiping. Alexis has a tendency to lose her appetite when she's sick, though she still runs and plays until she passes out. Justin, my little walking garbage disposal, never seems to lose his appetite at all. The only time I've seen him not eat was when he had strep throat, and even then he tried to eat, but then cried when he swallowed. Night time is pretty rough, at least it is for me and Justin. (Alexis can and does sleep through anything) He's been so congested that he wakes up crying every hour or so because he can't breathe. My solution: Just let him sleep in my bed. I know, we worked so hard to get him out of our bed that it seems like such a waste to start the horrible habit all over again. Honestly, I'm just too sick and too tired to get out of bed every hour. At least if he's laying next to me, I can hug him and cuddle him and he just goes back to sleep. He slept all night last night though, so I'm thinking tonight he will go back to his own bed in his own room. Hopefully, three nights in my bed didn't ruin my good sleeper. As you might guess, I don't seem to do as well as the kids when I'm sick. While they are so full of energy, I just want to lay down and die. Was there ever a time that even being sick didn't keep me down? I can't remember. Kids must be much more resiliant than adults. I don't know how I'd get by without my mom. She has been so helpful the past week and also given me the opportunity to get some rest. Two days of antibiotics for this horrendous sinus infection, so hopefully, I'll start feeling better soon. I think Alexis and Justin are almost over it, so maybe life can go back to normal next week.

Crazies
What the heck are people thinking when they decided to have a baby or "accidentally" have a baby? Don't get me wrong. I understand that "accidents" happen, but when one is in certain situations, wouldn't it makes since for them to be extra careful? Okay, so here's the situation. A(male) and A(female) have numerous issues going on in their lives. A(m) is an alcoholic. He has been in a couple of different rehabs, was arrested a couple of times, including once when he plead guilty to felony child abuse, and is having alcohol related health problems. A(f) has some severe mental health issues and was in a mental hospital where she was diagnosed with schizophrenia. At one point she was asking A(m) to kill their three children in order to save them from the Catholic church. A(f) claims it was simply a nervous breakdown caused by A(m)'s alcoholism and the fact that she was having to take care of all three of their children without any help. In addition, both A(m) and A(f) are compulsive liars and master manipulators. Their marriage has been very unstable as has their living arrangements. They lived with A(f)'s sister for awhile and just recently moved into their own place. The youngest of their 3 children, D, is 6 years old and still wears a diaper. This family has some serious issues which I could write all day on and only begin to scratch the surface. Which brings us to last weekend when A(f) announced that she was pregnant? WHAT??? Are you serious? I hope she didn't expect me to congratulate her because honestly, this is crazy! She can't care for the children she already has, let alone care for a newborn. She keeps saying that this baby will change A(m) and will make him more responsible and make him want to stop drinking. She is also 100 percent positive (at 10 weeks pregnant) that she is having a boy. A(f) and A(m) have three girls, though A(m) has a son that he isn't involved with from a previous relationship. Apparently a boy baby will make everything better. I guess the children he has now just aren't enough to make him get his act together, but one more will be all of the difference. This whole situation is making me crazy. I fear for their 3 girls because now A(f) is off of her psych meds while not under the care of a physician and because I remember how moody I was when I was pregnant, and I was somewhat normal. I also wonder what will become of this baby if it isn't a boy. She is so determined that it will be a boy, will she lose it if it isnt? A(f) willing admits that they weren't really ready to have another child, but that they weren't trying to prevent it either. What on earth were they thinking? Yes, babies are cute and cuddly, but they also require a great deal of responsibility, responsibility that this family has already shown to be lacking. Come on people. If things aren't working in life, a relationship, whatever, a baby is not going to fix it. It's just gonna make things a lot more difficult and give you one more person whose life you can screw up. I just pray that God will take care of them and their children and that they will get they're act together before this child is born.

0 comments: