BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

It is done!!

My Christmas shopping that is! Yay! Usually I don't finish until like the day after Christmas, but this year, I'm two weeks early! Anthony and I spent all day shopping yesterday and it was so much fun. I usually hate Christmas shopping because of the crowds and rude people, but yesterday was almost blissful. First of all, it was the first time I've been able to shop without the kids in ages! (thanks mom) Second, Anthony and I spend so little time together with us that it was wonderful to be able to just be together. We got to have a nice lunch together AND I found a new favorite lunch spot! Panera is a really cozy spot with great sandwiches and yummy soups! Their pastries look great too, though I didn't have any. Maybe next time. We were out all day and got a lot done. It helped to get me in the Christmas spirit, which I haven't really been feeling yet. I should be because Alexis is so into the season already and I know Justin is gonna have a blast, but though I've had some moments where I starting to feel a little jolly, like when we put up the lights and when I arranged my Christmas music, I just haven't been into it. Maybe it's because we haven't put up any decorations yet. We're waiting to get our tree until my brother gets here on the 21st (which is okay by me because it means less time I have to fight to keep the kids out of it) and I need to get some indepth house cleaning done before I put everything up, but now that I'm feeling more Christmasy, I'm ready to get started. I actually got in today and wrapped all the presents we bought yesterday and if I stay motivated, I'm gonna start on the stuff we got the kids, which will be quite a task. My kids are completely spoiled. There have been two instances where I have said, "I'm not buying anything else for the kids" and after both times, I have been out shopping and found stuff that my kids just "had to have". This time...I am definitely done! I'm not even sure we have room for everything we bought, so I may have to get rid of more old toys to make room for the new (even though I already did that a week ago). But for now, I think I'll go listen to some Christmas music and wrap more presents!

0 comments: