BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I thought today I should take a few minutes to post about all of the things in my life that I am thankful for. All too often I focus on the negative things going on and forget that I am truly blessed in so many ways.

I have a wonderful husband. No one ever said that marriage would be easy and there are times when things are so strained between Anthony and I that I just want to run away from it all. But the truth is...I wouldn't have it any other way. It is the hard times and the obstacles that we face together that help make us and our relationship stronger. No matter how hard things get, I love him with all of my heart and could never imagine life without him by my side. He is my best friend and will always be one of the greatest blessings in my life. I love you honey!

We have a wonderful family. My mom is the most selfless person I have ever met. She has always supported me and always went out of her way to be there for me. She is the same way with her grandchildren and Justin and Alexis will have in her someone that will love them and help them to be better people. I love her so much and am so greatful for all of the love she has given me, all the things she has done for me, and all the sacrifices she has made in order to make my life what it is today. I have a wonderful older brother in Illinois that I miss so much. I never realized how big a part of my life he was until he moved 2000 miles away. Now I get it. I miss him every day and look forward to seeing him at Christmas. (Less than a month til he gets here!) I love you Ted and am so thankful that God gave me an older brother like you to watch out for me! I also have 3 younger brothers who are blessings in their own right. When my parents separated I never thought I'd have younger siblings, but God had other plans and now I have 3. Michael, Christopher, and Matthew. You all have so much potential. Embrace it and go out and be the best that you can. I love you and believe in you and am so thankful to have you in my life. I have other family members, aunts and uncles and cousins, the list goes on an on, who are all so special. Even though I don't see many of them as much as I would like, I still think of them often and am very thankful that God has given me such a loving and caring extended family. I got so lucky when I married Anthony, not just because of how great he is, but his family is pretty wonderful too! My sister-in-laws, my brother-in-laws, my mother-in-law. With all of the horror story one hears about in-laws, you would never imagine that your significant other's family could be so loving and so accepting and so willing to make you a part of their family. Yet, they have and after only 4 short years of marriage, they feel like my family too; a family that I've always been a part of and one that I will always be a part of.

I have awesome friends. Many of our friends live great distances away and our only contact is a phone call here, a Myspace message there, an email here, or a a text message there, but they are true friends. You know the type: the ones who are the people you call when something goes wrong or the ones you call when something goes right. They are then ones that matter all the time and no amount of time or distance will ever separate you. We love you all and know that even when there are large stretches of time in which we don't see or talk to you, you are still in our thoughts, our prayers, and our hearts. For the many wonderful online friends I have made, know that though we may have never met and in many cases never will, you all are just as special to me and are a great blessing in my life.

In time of great economic uncertaintity, we are fortunate. Anthony has a job. With all it's flaws and problems, it pays well and gives us the things we need and the things we want. We have a beautiful house with nice things. We have food to eat and never know what it is like to really be hungry. We have beds to sleep in and clothes to wear. We are truly blessed.

I have beautiful, wonderful children. I saved them for last because they are probably the biggest blessing in my life. I always wanted to be a mommy, but I had no idea how wonderful it would actually be. Alexis and Justin are the greatest children a mommy could ever ask for. They are well-behaved (most of the time), sweet and loving (when they want to be), and just incredible kids. They do so many cute and funny things and every day they make me laugh and smile and every day I as I watch them becoming a big girl and boy, I realize what exceptional little people they are becoming. I am so thankful for them and for the opportunity to stay home with them and watch them grow.

Of course, there are many other things that I am thankful for, but alas, duty calls and I must change diapers, vacuum floors, and play with playdough. So today, the day before Thanksgiving, take a moment to think about and enjoy all of the things that God has blessed you for and remind the people in your life how much they mean to you. Though they may already know it, sometimes hearing it is the greatest gift of all. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: