BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Marriage is a Worthless Piece of Paper!

Don't get me wrong. I love my husband and I am completely committed to our relationship. This is strictly marriage from a legal point of view. Being married means that our credit, both past and present is shared, however, I cannot make payments on any of his credit accounts. I called today to make our mortgage payment and was told that legally they couldn't accept a payment from anyone but my husband. So when he forgets to make his payments on time my credit will suffer because we are married, but yet the government has passed all of these laws that prevent me from making the payment and protecting my credit even when I can give them his social security number, address, phone number, shoe size, etc.? Additionally, when we bought our house, my name was put on the paperwork as an authorized person so this wouldn't happen, but apparently the mortgage company that first bought our loan from the lender didn't get all of the required information. This just reaffirms my thoughts that the government has no place in marriages. No wonder the fiscal situation is so screwed up in our nation!

0 comments: