BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Sick Again??

Really? Is it possible that this is the worst year ever for colds? My kids have been pretty healthy, but in the last 2 months it seems like it has been one cold after another, after another! Christmas time brought the stomach bug that made us all ill and 2 weeks after that, Justin and Alexis both ran fevers for a couple of days. Not more than a week later we were all sick again. The past seven days has been pure hell. The kids are sick. My mom is sick. Anthony is sick. I am sick. Will it ever end? I thought Justin was getting better as his fever broke on Wednesday, but alas...he's running fever again! I can't tell if it's a continuation of the previous ailment or if he's contracted something new. I guess we're gonna have to brave the doctor's office tomorrow, where he can catch something else while we spend hours in the waiting room. Maybe we can make it til Tuesday when the patient load seems to be smaller. Does that sound like an irresponsible parent? To wait an extra day and keep your child in misery to avoid siting in a waiting room for 2 hours or more with a bunch of sick kids? We'll see what tomorrow brings. I just can't help but think about the first 2 years of Alexis's life. I can count the number of times she was sick on one hand. I wonder if it is just because I never went anywhere or saw anyone so she wasn't exposed to as much as the kids are now. Not only that, but with Anthony's job, I'm sure he's bringing home God knows what. I guess I'll just sit here and wait ever so patiently for summer to come...We're hardly ever sick during the summer so life can go back to being happy and healthy.

1 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so sorry you're all sick! Just think, they'll never be sick once they go to school because they'll have immunity from every single bug out there. At least, that's how I like to think of it. I hope you're all on the mend soon.