BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Because I Said So!

The words I promised myself I would never say. I thought I would always have a good answer...yet today, I actually said them. Alexis has finally learned to ask the dreaded question, "Why?" Everytime I told her to do something today, her response was always the same..."Why?" When I told her to take her nap, "Why?" When I said it was time for lunch, "Why?" When I told her not to bite, "Why?" When I told her to leave the dog alone because she was eating...you guessed it..."Why?" It was in complete frustration when I asked her to pick up her toys and she asked "Why?" that I screamed out and replied, "Because I said so!" This phrase is so horrible and teaches a child nothing and I hate that I resorted to it. I want my baby to do things because they are the right thing to do, not because someone told her to. I want her to learn right and wrong, not just how to be a follower. So I will try to be more patient and answer all of her whys with well thought out answers and hopefully not become so frustrated that I scream out those 4 little words again.

0 comments: