BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Birthday Surprise

Thanks to all of you who sent birthday wishes via message board posts, emails, phone calls, and cards. You have no idea how much I appreciated them and how special they made my day.

When I first woke up yesterday (my 33rd birthday), I didn't expect much. After the two months that Anthony didn't work a lot, we're still trying to catch up and money is still pretty tight. All I really wanted was to sleep in and not have to change diapers. Unfortunately, Justin had other plans and refused to let me stay in bed past 8am, but my mom made up for it by making me breakfast and I was able to get a 2 1/2 hour nap mid-afternoon, so everything was okay. Anthony planned to make me a cake and my sister-in-law and her fiancee planned to pick Alexis up for an overnight visit and a trip to Chuck E. Cheese. It may not have been the best birthday ever, but when compared to the previous three, it was pretty nice. In case your wondering why the previous three were so rough...well...for birthday 30, I was 8 months pregnant and just wanted it to be over...31 I was 5 months pregnant and still suffering from severe morning sickness, so I was not in the mood to party...and 32 was okay if you forget that I was suffering from severe ppd, had a colicky 6 month old and a terrible 2 year old. Anyway, because our family is so aware of how tight money is, Anthony's mom and sisters, pooled their money together to give me a night out without kids. Anthony and I got to go out to dinner with a friend and his girlfriend and then we did Rock 'n Bowl, darts, and drinks at the local bowling alley. I just about cried when my sister-in-law told me and they will never know how grateful I am for such a wonderful gift. I had an awesome night and other than being slightly hung over today, my birthday was perfect. Thank you to all of you who made it possible. I love you all so much and am so thankful that God put you in my life and made us family.

0 comments: