BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Boys Are Just Different

Everyone always told me boys were different, but I didn't believe it. I've always believed that kids are born basically the same and that certain behaviors are taught through socialization and gender stereotyping. Boy was I wrong! Last Christmas we bought Alexis a little Step 2 slide and swing. It's pretty much sat unused outside for months because we took it out of the playroom when we put the play kitchen in. Well, today I decided to bring it in and put it in the great room for the kids. Oh my God! The way Justin climbed on it (and fell off) was terrifying. He has fallen off twice now and pushed it over to the table, climbed on the table and fell of of that too. He is just so rambunctious and so crazy! Alexis was never ever like that. She was much more cautious. I wonder if it's because he's a boy and she's a girl or if it's just because Justin is the second child and he watches Alexis. I wonder how long before he starts to pay attention to what he's doing. He still can't get off of the couches. He tries to go off head first instead of feet first. Of course, he can't climb up on them either because his legs are so short. Regardless, I put the slide back outside tonight. I needed a few minutes of peace without having to stand over him to keep him from diving off something and breaking his neck. Sometimes parenting can be scary stuff!

0 comments: