BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Miscellaneous thoughts from a busy day...

As we turned off the a/c finally and opened up our windows, I realized that neither of my children have any winter clothes that fit. This was further illustrated when I put Alexis is her long sleeve pj's from last year and the pants looked like crop pants and the shirt resembled a midriff. This prompted an all day shopping trip with the kids. Shopping in itself can be tiring, but shopping with two toddlers...majorly exhausting. We were gone for about ten hours, but it felt like much, much longer. In addition to the three kids clothing stores we went to, we also took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese. It has been ages since I have been to Chuck E. Cheese and I had forgotten how much they have for little kids. Alexis was in heaven with all of the little ride on cars and the climbing structures. It was also nice that she could kind of run around without us worrying too much because they stamp your hand and your childrens' hands with a unique number in invisible ink so that you must be with your children for them to get out the door. She loved having a little independence in the toddler area while daddy and I watched from our table. I think my two favorite things were watching her play the little tiny whack-a-mole and the little air hockey table that was just her size, though I had to get on my knees. It was also quite amusing when she couldn't quite get the skee balls to the top so she just climbed up on it, when up the aisle, and dropped them in the holes. Both kids were extremely well behaved, with the exception of the small tantrum Alexis threw when it was time to leave (after 3 hours of playing). Though very exhausting it was a very good day. Things have been so stressful lately, so it was very nice to finally have a day to spend together as a family and just have fun. We got the kids plenty of clothes...probably too many, but there were just so many cute things and now I shouldn't have to buy any more clothes all winter. There were also some great Columbus day sales and I got some great deals, so I don't feel too bad about what we spent. Now comes the arduous task of washing everything and putting it away. Maybe I'll save that for tomorrow. For now, I think I just want to sleep.

0 comments: