BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Note to Self. Quit your whining!

As I sit here watching Alexis play with her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Justin play with his Sing-a-long Stage and listening to Sesame Street on the tv, I realize that I should be completely content with my life. Yes, sometimes things are stressful and not they way we would like them to be. (Here comes my list of whines) Anthony's job isn't going quite as well as we'd hoped. (that'll be another post in itself) finances are tight. I wish I were 50 pounds lighter. I wish the backyard was landscaped. I miss my brother. (Just two more months til he comes to visit!) I long to have a life outside of my home again. I need to get my application and materials ready for grad school. Can I even survive grad school? Do I have a choice? I could go on and on about little annoyances in my life, but aren't they really just part of life? Everyone has problems. Everyone has stress. Those things are what make life, well....LIFE! I realize that I am fortunate because there are people who have much more serious things to think about. Today my goal is to concentrate on the things I have to be thankful for, instead of dwelling on the have-nots. I have two beautiful, healthy children. I have a husband, who despite all of my faults, (and they are many) loves me and will always be my best friend. I have wonderful family who is always there when we need them and who are more special than words can ever explain. We have a house that is ours, with plenty of room to live in and play in. We have warm beds to sleep in and toys to play with. We have cars to get us to the places we need to and want to go. We have food to eat and do not know what it is like to really be hungry (though sometimes the children act as if they are starving) or to go to bed hungry. We do not have to hide our political views or our religious beliefs, because we are lucky enough to live in a country that allows us that freedom. Life will never be "perfect". There will always be obstacles and problems. The important thing is not that they exist how we choose to deal with them. We can let them devour us, pushing us into a deep, dark place. Or we can face them and find the best possible way to overcome them. This is how I will live my life...not giving up, not focusing on the bad, but striving daily to be positive and see the good things in life, and be thankful for the life that God has given me.

0 comments: